Best of Eat & Drink

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

MONKFISH MOILEE & NAAN

Tonight was all about Gordon Ramsay! Mr. Ramsay himself is responsible for B and I getting together weekly to try new recipes and watch reality TV, one of our favourites being Hell's Kitchen! We haven't missed an episode yet. In the past we have made many of his other recipes as I already had 2 of his cookbooks. One purchased for myself "Family Fare" and the other being "Healthy Appetite" which my son Jeff bought me for Christmas last year. Both have excellent recipes in them if your looking for a new book. Well this past Christmas I was in Portland Oregon and went to Powell's City of books. http://www.powells.com/ Amazing place if you ever get to Portland. I found Gordon Ramsay's new book "100 of my favourite Indian Recipes Gordon Ramsay's Great Escape". I wanted it so bad, but being right before Christmas I felt I shouldn't buy myself something so I did the logical thing and bought if as part of B's Christmas gift! Hey, if I couldn't own it the next best thing was B having it, or so I thought. I was wrong!! The next best thing was receiving it as a gift from my daughter Brooke for Christmas!!! Now B and I both have it! Thanks Brooke!

So the following is the result of our of our new book. It was absolutely delicious. Neither Becky nor I had cooked with monk fish before so it really was a blind try for us. B took to cutting (dissecting) the monk fish tails while I got started on the naan. We had made naan before, but not this recipe. Turned out really good and definitely a do again! Hope you enjoy the photos as much as B, Husband, Brooke and I enjoyed eating it!

On a side note, our first entry "Chicken Biryani and Cauliflower Tandoori" are from this cookbook as well. Those were amazing too, so as far as I am concerned 4 recipes tried, 4 recipes loved, Cookbook success! Couldn't find the recipes on line to post, so if you would like the recipes just let me know and I can email them to you.

PS we made Chai Ice Cream for dessert. Check back later for that entry!




No comments:

Post a Comment