Best of Eat & Drink

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

CHAI ICE CREAM

For my birthday last year, my in laws (Brian, Kim and Trey) gave me the ice cream maker attachment for my Kitchen Aid 600 Professional Stand Mixer, along with an awesome recipe book. "Iced 180 very cool concoctions" by Jane Lawson. I am not a dessert person at all, but I do like ice cream and I love my stand mixer, so this gift was absolutely perfect!

We decided to try this one to complement our Indian Gordon Ramsay night, and let me tell you it did not disappoint!

Again couldn't find recipes on line, so let me know if you are interested and I will email the recipe out.

First added all the ingredients to the creams.

Let simmer for a while, but made sure not to boil! Must keep watchful eye.

Strain all the solids through the cheese cloth and let cool. I made it the night before to make sure all chilled well.

Add chilled mixture to frozen ice cream attachment and let it do its thing. We did this step as soon as we plated dinner.

20 minutes later and voila! Homemade Chai Ice Cream!!
We popped this into the freezer while dinner settled and it firmed up a bit more.

It was so flavourful and creamy! What an easy way to wow your guests for an after dinner treat!

1 comment:

  1. Well hello T. Fancy meeting you here. It's M from marina del Rey. I'm so glad I remembered the name of your blog. I would love the recipe for chai icecream. I have a cuisinart icecream maker to use more often and my daughter and I both obsess over chai tea. BTW there is a great chai tea recipe from starbucks from the Americas most wanted recipes cookbook which is tasty and comparable to tazo. I wasn't sure how to give you my email so I was thinking you could get the V work email from your hubby. It was great hanging with you last week. Can't wait to try the recipe.

    M

    ReplyDelete